Wednesday, April 20, 2011

REFLECTION EDUC-6713 Integrating Technology Across the Content Areas

After taking the course called, Integrating Technology Across the Content Area, I am now more knowledgeable of how I can incorporate technology into my curriculum to help students master course content knowledge. I am more aware of the importance of creating lessons that will help sparks student’s interest by providing them more opportunities to think critically, collaborate, communicate, be creative and utilize technology. My role as a teacher has shifted to a more “student-centered” classroom because I now realize that my instructions should be driven by students who have multiple opportunities to actively engage in the learning process. 

I have acquired new technology skills that will help me enhance my teaching practices.  I have learned how to create blogs, wikis, and implement digital storytelling into my instructions.  All of this new technology will be incorporated into my instructions to provide students with multiple ways of learning content information. Today students learn differently so as their teacher, I need to stay breast of the latest educational trends which include learning innovative technology, new pedagogy, and current research so that I will be informed of the changes in my profession. As the teaching profession continues to evolves, I will make sure that my students understand the importance

One of the most beneficial aspects of this course, were the numerous opportunities available to share suggestions, thoughts, and ideas with my class mates. I have gained more insight about the teaching profession from other educators who have strengths, talents, and experiences in areas that I was not as familiar. I have found the being able to communicate with other teachers globally is providing me with a wealth of knowledge and skills that will help transform my classroom to meet the needs of the 21st century learner. I understand that students learn differently and it is my responsibility to assess their weaknesses by seeking strategies to implement into my instruction that will allow student to grow academically.

As I began to reflect on the steps of creating a Game Plan, I decided to focus on the following two indicators: Facilitate and Inspire Student’s Learning and Creativity and Engage in Professional Growth and Learning. I am elated that I got an opportunity to experience this process because it has been very instrumental in helping me become a more effective teacher. This activity forced me to take the initiative to plan, set goals, and to take the necessary steps to complete the tasks that are required so that I can continue to grow both personally and professionally.  I learned that it is crucial to create a timeline so that I can stay focus on tasks that should be completed at a specific time. This holds me accountable for the actions that I have taken and I can evaluate my progress accordingly. I am no longer afraid to modify my plans, if I see that actions taken are not feasible or ineffective. I will take this as a challenge to re-examine my teaching practices and to reflect on how I can best achieve my goal. I am more willing to take on leadership roles at my school because I realize the value of sharing new skills with my colleagues so that will gain knowledge through my personal experiences. A leadership role exemplifies that I take pride in my profession and that I am constantly seeking opportunities to hone my skills as an educator. I have more knowledge about creating inquiry based projects where students will have the opportunity to demonstrate content knowledge through various means of activities. I realize that students will take ownership for their learning when they are exposed to real-word issues that connect to the instruction.  Learning should be meaningful but also fun so to ensure that all students are engaged in class, I will be constantly seeking instructional strategies that will help stimulate my students to excel academically.

No comments:

Post a Comment